Problem (multiple projects)
- An international corporation wants to bring together its corporation-wide IT expertise and create IT resource competence centers, which are located in various countries and make their services available to all countries.
- The respective national IT units are extremely diverse in terms of organization and technology, and individual expertise in key areas and problem-solving skills on various topics vary significantly.
- Redundancies across the IT units of the various countries constitute significant work and cost drivers.
Contribution of ResultONE
- Support for design, development and set-up of effective organizational structures (functional organization), processes, cost allocation. Following set-up, completion of the necessary adaptations and fine tuning measures
- Development and coordination of the necessary international governance with corresponding decision-making and escalation structures to ensure integrated prioritization of requirements with simultaneous consideration of the necessary (mandatory) national interests
- Support with introduction (lighthouse projects) and transformation, virtual transfers of employees, knowledge transfer, service evaluations, dealing with linguistic barriers, motivation and handling sensitivities
- After completing the learning curve: good level of acceptance among decision-makers and employees
- Commercial and content targets met: significant economies of scale by bringing skills together, efficiency gains through removal of many redundancies.
- Cost allocation models have been accepted, bringing resources together has even brought improvements to original SLAs in some cases.